Volatility

March 25, 2021

The Intact Against the Cult (with notes on public protest)

>

 
 
A reformist within the Covidian framework, Jonathan Cook writes about how one effect of the Covidian onslaught has been to suppress the rising wave of anti-globalist protest, though he seems to understand neither what these protests were about nor the fact that suppressing them has been one of the intended goals of the police state escalation using “Covid” as a pretext.
 
(He also omits the remarkable fact of Covid’s alleged political leanings.
 
Apparently the virus supports the Antifa/BLM agenda and is a registered Democrat, and therefore refrained from being contagious among those gatherings even though it is highly contagious among any other kind of political gathering as well as non-political gatherings.
 
At least that’s what the US government and media claim.)
 
As lukewarm reformists are prone to do, he indulges in splitter rhetoric:
 
“Those warnings soon got submerged in, or drowned out by, much wilder claims, such as that the virus was a hoax or that it was similar to flu, or by the libertarian clamour against lockdowns and mask-wearing.”
 
1. These warnings haven’t been submerged at all, except in the usual way that any and all deviation from the Covidian cult dogma on the part of still-intact human beings has been censored and suppressed. The warnings about the mortal threat to freedom of assembly as such, let alone political protest often are aired and discussed at Off-Guardian, for example, to the point that such discussions are now infested with demoralization trolls trying to denigrate the very idea of public protest as worthless, police-provoked etc.
 
2. It’s not proven that “Covid” exists as a new thing and isn’t really a compilation of (1) a new strain of influenza especially dangerous to the aged who already are sick (this would explain the otherwise inexplicable phenomenon of the flu, “by coincidence”, going on vacation starting early 2020), (2) all the excess deaths from cancer, heart disease, respiratory illness etc. caused by the abdication of the health care establishment in compliance with the “Covid” panic itself, and (3) all the many other excess suicides, homicides, drug overdoses and other deaths of despair caused by the lockdowns themselves. These three cohorts are combined and rebranded for propaganda purposes.
 
3. It’s an indisputable fact that Covid, if it does exist and functions exactly as the party line claims, has a lethality well within the historical range of the flu and is dangerous only to the aged who already are sick. According to the party line itself almost all Covid deaths are indistinguishable from dying of old age.
 
4. Lockdowns and maskochism both go against all the science which the writer wrings his hands so much about.
 
5. As for the “clamor” against these, which our author evidently considers far too “noisy”, I’m confused – if the “legitimate” and not-clamorous yet still noisy protests which our author does support aren’t to be protests against lockdowns and coerced atavistic superstitions like maskochism, then what exactly ARE these protests supposed to be protesting against?
 
Evidently Cook wants there to be protest for the sake of protest but no actual content for such protest.
 
Actually, I would agree that under these circumstances, for a large number of people merely to assemble in public without face diapers or hex spacing would in itself constitute a powerful exemplary demonstration even without an explicit verbal message. But I don’t think that’s what Cook’s getting at.
 
6. The likes of our author feel the need to make so many wrongheaded concessions and take jabs at truths which are too noisy for his ears because he’s appeasement-minded and wants to look “reasonable” to the unreasonable insane mass.
 
But this is stupid. One should know by now you can’t appease those who are insane and aggressive, let alone those who with cold deliberation are out to get you.
 
 
According to the party line itself almost all Covid deaths are indistinguishable from dying of old age.
 
This may be the core of the bottom-up aspect of the mass insanity, why the Western masses have joined this astroturfed death cult with such enthusiasm and persistence: As they reach old age Western baby boomers have been coming face to face with the specter of dying of old age.
 
True to form this most selfish and self-indulgent group in all of history refuses to accept this in a healthy way as a natural fact of life, but instead is throwing a tantrum about it even as they remain in a state of radical denial.
 
For the mass of cult believers, “Covid” is a mass psychological ploy to transform inescapable reality into a fake reality and a fake boogeyman from which we can escape by using the violence of lockdowns, cult ritual (masks and spacing), and mass injections in order to defeat this boogeyman.
 
The mass cult is a mass psychological escape from the fear of death. The fact that their rituals comprise a pantomime of death – regarding the physical bodies of others, and by implication their own, as vectors of death; covering their faces to artificially induce respiratory symptoms and imitate the inert expressionless face of death; regression to atavistic medieval belief that the air itself is a deadly miasma impossible to breathe – is the expression of their vast superstition that if they play dead, as if while being attacked by a bear, death itself will pass them over.
 
This also is why the cult believes that everyone became immortal at the beginning of 2020, with the exception of being killed by the demon “Covid”. As long as we can defeat or evade this demon, we’ll never die. This is the core fundamental of this fastest-rising, most near-universal across the West and most extreme fundamentalist cult ever.
 
All this dovetails with the deranged ideology of transhuman alteration and attaining immortality via the “Singularity” with its digital melding of human souls with computerized ones and zeros. Computer-modeled genomes, such as SARS-COV-2 itself, and the CRISPR method of synthetic generation of genetically modified pseudo-organic matter, now attaining its apotheosis with the mass coercive deployment of CRISPR-altered injection agents which are designed to alter the genetics of their human targets, are intended to be the transitional form between natural intact Whole human beings and the virtual beings submerged in the machine.
 
As for why the younger generations would embrace the cult the same way the elderly do, this reflects what Western societies really think of themselves: They see themselves collectively as a decrepit, sick old man on the verge of death.
 
A society which felt itself to be youthful and vigorous never would have acted in any way remotely resembling how Western civilization has reacted to what objectively is nothing worse than a rough flu season, and probably is nothing other than the flu.
 
 
 
 
 

10 Comments

  1. It all reflects what Western societies really think of themselves: They see themselves collectively as a decrepit, sick old man on the verge of death.

    A society which felt itself to be youthful and vigorous never would have acted in any way remotely resembling how Western civilization has reacted to what objectively is nothing worse than a rough flu season, and probably is nothing other than the flu.

    And this also is the fundamental defining line that dictates one’s individual feeling toward the Covidian assault on humanity and the Earth, this great terminal division which splits across all prior political, economic, social, cultural, spiritual identifications and renders them all obsolete: At heart does one feel youthful and healthy and strong, or does one feel like a sick perverted dying old man.

    Comment by Russ — March 25, 2021 @ 4:46 am

  2. As usual, Russ, I agree with you about 90%, maybe 95, but it is always that remaining fraction that causes me trouble.

    In this case, just a small point but I think it worthy of mention. You are correct that the guy you chastise is “appeasement-minded” and wants to appear “responsible”, etc. However. It is also true that the great majority of covid dissidents — sadly — come from a strange, unsophisticated place which I will characterize (imperfectly, I admit) as the realm of right-wing/populist conspiracy theory. It goes back many decades, and some of us (including me) have paid attention to it off and on for a number of those decades. It is a realm filled with fantastic, exaggerated, sometimes-crazy shit, but all blended-in with tantalizing elements of truth — and indeed important truth — about global elites and their (very probably) nefarious neo-fascist agenda.

    It is that milieu from which much of the covid dissident opinion comes, and as such, when Cook writes of warnings getting “submerged in, or drowned out by, much wilder claims”, he is not far wrong. “Submerged” and “drowned out” are his over-reaction and overstatement of an actual problem, such as claims that the virus does not exist at all, that NO viruses exist at all, and that all of virology is itself a big hoax, and that ALL vaccines are useless and worse, and that vaccines represent a “depopulation” agenda, and even that ALL of modern medicine is useless and worse. Each one of those claims could of course be addressed, and there are no doubt fragments of truth or partial truth within some of them, but it would take years of research and discussion to elucidate and express fairly those fragments. To simply trot them out, unvarnished, as though simple certainties, as these naive and shallow “dissenters” do, is beyond far-fetched, it is outrageous. And further, it calls into question, by implication/association, real and intelligent dissent, and fuels the (already FAR-too-abundantly-fueled) reductionism of all dissent about covid and related matters to “tinfoil science-denying whacko bullshit”. It is enough to scare a great many (or most) good people and potential allies away.

    This episode reminds me of the 9/11 incident and subsequent “truth movement”, which was grievously damaged by truly wild psychotic claims (e.g. that the whole thing was a holographic fake, etc., etc.). It is obvious to any thinking person that the official 9/11 account is at best badly flawed, if not outright rubbish. But how many zillions of sincere folk were scared-away from alternative accounts because of said psychotic rubbish, tainting the whole discussion and making it appear that ANYONE raising a question is one of those crazies?

    This is a difficult problem and I don’t have a solution. Suffice to say however that though you are (again) as usual (again) 95% correct, there is that little bit remaining that needs attention.

    Sincerely,
    Alan

    Comment by alan2102 — March 25, 2021 @ 4:31 pm

    • related discussion, FYI (see my replies below each, must click “show replies” to see all):

      Comment by alan2102 — March 27, 2021 @ 4:17 pm

      • Terrain theory is a basic precept of agroecology and ecological science in general. Significant outbreaks require three factors: The pest in sufficient quantity, a favorable environment, and a vulnerable target. Poison-based agriculture works to maximize all three, agroecology to minimize them.

        Only an anti-scientific flat-earth idiot believes that an evil “germ” comes along out of the blue to wickedly afflict an otherwise healthy population.

        As always, my position on Covidianism is grounded in my twelve years of researching and writing against industrial agriculture and in favor of agroecological practice.

        Comment by Russ — March 28, 2021 @ 3:19 am

    • “It is also true that the great majority of covid dissidents — sadly — come from a strange, unsophisticated place which I will characterize (imperfectly, I admit) as the realm of right-wing/populist conspiracy theory.”

      No they do not. The Off Guardian is one of the most consistent opponents of Covidiocy from the start, and it’s a left wing website. There are numerous others as well.

      The reason it SEEMS like only “unsophisticated” people reject the Covid hoax is that they’re the only ones speaking up without first self-censoring. Whereas in leftist circles the Jonathan Cooks of the world generally set the tone for everyone, performing a kind of unofficial censorship, limiting and circumscribing the range of acceptable opinions.

      “ “Submerged” and “drowned out” are his over-reaction and overstatement of an actual problem, such as claims that the virus does not exist at all, that NO viruses exist at all, and that all of virology is itself a big hoax, and that ALL vaccines are useless and worse, and that vaccines represent a “depopulation” agenda, and even that ALL of modern medicine is useless and worse.”

      Have you actually done even the slightest modicum of research into this, or are you just assuming you already know the truth, therefore you don’t have to lift a finger to learn anything new? I have delved heavily into this subject with an open mind, and I’ve gone from being a true believer in vaccines to an anti-vaxxer, a slur that we should wear with pride. Contrary to what I’d always been told, there is substantial evidence that almost all improvements in human health and longevity attributed to vaccination came about because of improvements in general nutrition and sanitation, and vaccination had nothing to do with the saved lives. People were NOT saved by vaccines, they were saved by better food and cleaner air and cleaner water! Furthermore, all the various diseases supposedly eliminated by vaccines never actually went away. They’re still here! They just call it something else, so for example they will claim polio vanished, when in truth the various symptoms associated with polio are still around, they just use slightly different language and terminology to describe the same old thing. They aren’t doing this maliciously, it’s just that as true believers in the vaccine pseudo-miracle they have a mental block that prevents them from thinking this through.

      Have you not ever glanced at the scientific papers criticizing the PCR test as essentially useless as a diagnostic tool? If the PCR test is useless and inaccurate then obviously there is no solid evidence we can enlist to show Covid even exists:

      https://21stcenturywire.com/2020/12/08/new-peer-review-report-finds-pcr-test-useless-further-debunking-asymptomatic-superspreader-theory/

      There is no pandemic at all, because without the test, which is utterly unreliable, we would simply be looking at regular flu season. Without the bogus test to convince them otherwise, no one would think they had anything other than a case of the flu – or they are simply “asymptomatic” – exactly what you should expect from a test that registers a multitude of false positives.

      As for “all viruses being a hoax” – that may well be true as well – study up on the medical theories of Dr. Ryke Geerd Hamer and Dr. Stefan Lanka. So far, after extensive reading, I have managed to locate precisely ZERO effective rebuttals of their theories, which directly challenge the fundamental tenets of orthodox virology. These men are not undeclared bumpkins. They are brilliant scientists rigorously trained in the scientific method, whereas it’s the Faucis and Ferguson’s of the world who are behaving like priests and witch doctors demanding we all assent to their “superior” wisdom despite much of what they claim making no sense.

      Comment by Bronze blaze — March 28, 2021 @ 8:47 pm

      • Hello, Bronze Blaze! Thanks for your reply.

        I wrote that “the great majority of covid dissidents — sadly — come from a strange, unsophisticated place which I will characterize (imperfectly, I admit) as the realm of right-wing/populist conspiracy theory.”

        You replied: “No they do not. The Off Guardian is one of the most consistent opponents of Covidiocy from the start, and it’s a left wing website. There are numerous others as well.”

        No, I’m sorry, but there are not numerous others. There are very few others. I base my view on long, nearly-daily attention to this very issue, from the start of the crisis a year ago. I have been searching HARD, right from the start, for left allies in covid dissent. They almost do not exist.

        NEARLY 100% of all left, progressive and socialist sites, pundits, and platforms (e.g. youtube channels, major twitter accounts) are 100% behind the mainstream covid narrative. It pains me that that is true, but it IS true. You will find virtually no covid dissent in that sphere, with rare exceptions. Furthermore, if you attempt to speak to them with a dissenting view, they will either ignore you or react violently and then block you. This has happened to me repeatedly over the last year, so I speak from extensive bitter experience.

        You wrote: “The reason it SEEMS like only “unsophisticated” people reject the Covid hoax is that they’re the only ones speaking up without first self-censoring.”

        I am not talking about their view on covid. I am talking about their views generally. They tend to be unsophisticated and none too intelligent. They buy-in to shallow and easily-debunked stuff such as bullshit climate denialism. I am speaking of a generality, of course. Surely there are exceptions. But generally, what I am saying is true.

        You wrote: “in leftist circles the Jonathan Cooks of the world generally set the tone for everyone, performing a kind of unofficial censorship, limiting and circumscribing the range of acceptable opinions.”

        I agree.

        I wrote: ““Submerged” and “drowned out” are his over-reaction and overstatement of an actual problem, such as claims that the virus does not exist at all, that NO viruses exist at all, and that all of virology is itself a big hoax, and that ALL vaccines are useless and worse, and that vaccines represent a “depopulation” agenda, and even that ALL of modern medicine is useless and worse.”

        Then you wrote: “Have you actually done even the slightest modicum of research into this,”

        Answer: Do you mean each of the (very different) items I listed? Yes, I’ve done a modicum on some, much more than a modicum on others.

        You wrote: “or are you just assuming you already know the truth, therefore you don’t have to lift a finger to learn anything new?”

        Answer: no, I am usually not assuming I already know the truth, unless I have already dug really deeply into a subject and have finally arrived at a conclusion I believe to be reasonably stable. For one example, the idea that “ALL of modern medicine is useless and worse”. There is a great abundance of evidence that that idea is false, and indeed even crazy. It is beyond any reasonable doubt.

        You wrote: “I have delved heavily into this subject with an open mind,”

        Answer: which subject? I mentioned several.

        You wrote: “and I’ve gone from being a true believer in vaccines to an anti-vaxxer,”

        Answer: I have never been a true believer in vaccines. I am a skeptic. Not an anti-vaxxer, but I am becoming more strongly anti-anti-vaxx. The anti-anti-vaxx people are often quite crazy, branding anyone with even simple questions about vaccine safety (for example) as “anti-vaxx”.

        You wrote: “there is substantial evidence that almost all improvements in human health and longevity attributed to vaccination came about because of improvements in general…”

        Answer: yes yes yes. I was reading Illich back in 1975, friend. And a lot else besides, in the intervening years. All that you say is true, about public health infrastructure, nutrition, etc. being more important than vaccines.

        However, it is also not the last word. Vaccines HAVE saved lives. Some vaccines have been useful indeed. You could perhaps argue that (as yet ill-defined) long-term side effects might outweigh the benefits. Perhaps. But with difficulty, at best.

        The whole vaccine issue is big and complex, and I hereby admit that I have not done adequate homework on it. I’m procrastinating because I know that to come up with a high-quality holistic view of the matter will take me many months of full-time study. Maybe I will get around to it, but I have a LOT of things I want to study and that is just one of them.

        You wrote: “Have you not ever glanced at the scientific papers criticizing the PCR test as essentially useless”

        More than “glanced”, friend! I am well aware of that whole issue. But the likelihood that this illness has been over-diagnosed by faulty PCR tech surely does NOT mean that the virus does not exist, and it very likely does not mean that “there is no pandemic at all”, as you wrote. You are going from the serious problem of PCR test inaccuracy to sweeping, unjustified conclusions. Sorry.

        Stefan Lanka’s ideas are interesting but a long way from proven. We’ll see. I have an open mind, but not so far open that my brains are spilling out.

        Thanks again for your reply.

        Comment by alan2102 — April 1, 2021 @ 4:19 pm

  3. Dear Russ: Thanks for your reply.
    I agree with you. My point had to do with the nature (sometimes disagreeable, sometimes even abhorrent) of most people who espouse terrain theory. I was NOT, of course, referring to you! I am pointing to an unfortunate reality with which we must contend, in advancing ideas such as terrain theory, agroecology, and the like.
    I am alternately saddened and outraged that my left brothers and sisters have so fully embraced both the ideas and practice of Big Med, Big Pharma, and Big Vaxx, (not to mention Big Ag), while rejecting alternative views such as terrain theory. It is enough to consider them no longer on the left at all, IMO.
    But at the same time, the reality to which I am pointing in these posts (above) is undeniable. Leftists can correctly point to those embracing alternative health views as — in the main — right-wing cranks.
    It ought not to be that way, of course, and those very same leftists are themselves responsible for the phenomenon. The alternative culture of the 1960s, which would have and did embrace proto-terrain theory among other sensible themes (natural foods, 1960s understandings of “agroecology”, communitarianism, etc.), was forgotten by the deformed “left” that evolved in subsequent decades — a “left” that somehow forgot Mumford, Illich, and all other criticism of technocracy and the megamachine, a “left” that never embraced organicism and holism, a “left” that gave short-shrift to Gemeinschaft, while never questioning the assumptions of Gesellschaft, and so on. (Surely this idea can be expressed better than I just did, but that will have to do for now.) The 1960s cultural movement was stillborn, with the valuable remnants left to others of much different and much worse orientation, for egregious example Mike Adams, as I described in the tweet threads cited (did you read them?). Adams illustrates the worst of the ugly reality that we must deal with: the neo-Nazi crackpot embracing terrain theory, and he is hardly the only one, just an especially extreme, and prominent, example.
    That this is true infuriates me. It ought not be, but it is.
    I have no solution. I am just pointing to the problem.
    Sincerely,
    Alan

    Comment by alan2102 — March 28, 2021 @ 10:16 am

  4. My parents – my whole extended family in fact – are going to get the jab. Nothing I say can convince them otherwise. They won’t even look at an article if the headline calls into question the fear porn narrative they’ve been sold by the media ghouls. They won’t read one sentence. They believe every last lie and even to register disagreement makes my father fly into a rage.

    Words cannot describe my loathing for the worthless scum who have perpetrated this lie. It’s not enough that they have destroyed all of society and the social fabric, all of the economy and ecology, now they demand we give up our very bodies to their poisonous, rotten “vaccines” as well. The logic of the vaccinators is the logic of a serial rapist. They do not believe in “my body, my choice.” Only their choice matters, ours does not.

    The Karen’s – of both sexes – are just as culpable of course. How sick and depraved do you have to be to not just comply with this tyranny, but enthusiastically and eagerly comply, and snitchily force others to comply, because you actually revel in this plunge into sheer lunacy? How beyond sick, beyond despicable, beyond contemptible do you have to be to NOT WANT to know about the copious evidence that Covid is wildly overblown? They actually APPROVE of and EAGERLY AWAIT a totalitarian future of total state/corporate control! They feel more comfortable and happier that way.

    This observation…..

    “It all reflects what Western societies really think of themselves: They see themselves collectively as a decrepit, sick old man on the verge of death. A society which felt itself to be youthful and vigorous never would have acted in any way remotely resembling how Western civilization has reacted to what objectively is nothing worse than a rough flu season, and probably is nothing other than the flu. And this also is the fundamental defining line that dictates one’s individual feeling toward the Covidian assault on humanity and the Earth, this great terminal division which splits across all prior political, economic, social, cultural, spiritual identifications and renders them all obsolete: At heart does one feel youthful and healthy and strong, or does one feel like a sick perverted dying old man.”

    … is brilliant and captures something essential about the nature of the pandemic – the pandemic of insanity not virality which has swept across the globe. A few countries here and there – mainly in Africa – resisted the lockdowns and the hysteria – maybe those countries do feel youthful and we might have some justifiable hope for them, if not for ourselves.

    Comment by Bronze Blaze — March 28, 2021 @ 9:51 pm

    • My feelings exactly. I didn’t bother trying to talk my mother out of getting injected, nor my many acquaintances expressing enthusiasm. (There’s one who reads these posts and said she wants to ask me some questions, so I’ll do my best explaining it to her.)

      It is interesting how many of them feel the need to go right to, “I need it in order to travel.” That sounds as if they know or sense the thing really isn’t medically worthwhile, but they’re conforming as the path of least resistance, just like with face diapers.

      “They believe every last lie and even to register disagreement makes my father fly into a rage.”

      From the earliest days it was clear that the wingnuts actively WANT for there to be a Covid pandemic which is every bit as deadly as the TV screams. That’s the only explanation for their often very hostile refusal even to listen to the case for there being no such pandemic. People still in possession of rational faculties would want at least to hear the alternative. Especially since so many of them, prior to 2020, styled themselves as cynical, skeptical and distrusting of the exact same politicians and media they now believe speak with the voice of God.

      But out of a toxic brew of unarticulated but very intense fears they’ve latched onto this terrorist astroturf and cling to it with the most extreme atavistic superstition.

      “They actually APPROVE of and EAGERLY AWAIT a totalitarian future of total state/corporate control! They feel more comfortable and happier that way.”

      This is self-evident, at least for the moment.

      Comment by Russ — March 29, 2021 @ 2:38 am

    • Dear BB: I totally agree that that paragraph (of Russ’) is brilliant. Beautifully composed. I would only add that it is not only that the West sees itself as a
      “decrepit, sick old man on the verge of death”. It actually IS that, increasingly. Sometimes I’m glad that I’m getting old, so I will be checking out before things really go to hell. Meanwhile, do whatever little bit I can.

      Comment by alan2102 — April 8, 2021 @ 11:15 am


RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: